View Single Post

Old 05-21-2017, 01:07 PM

Liked 19,931 Times in 8,811 Posts
Default Scored a NIB 6904

Went to pick up a Beretta Centurion from the gunsmith on the other side of the Burgh...... 2 miles from where I grew up. Looking around as I only get there a few times a year...... it's against "Burgh Rules" to cross more than one river on any given day for the purposes of a commercial transaction.

Well that ...LOL.... and it seems like one of the Dang tunnels are closed for construction almost ever weekend........backing traffic up at the other......

Anyway while they're retrieving my Beretta..... I check out the used gun case........... what to my wondering eyes did appear ....... two, yes two "new looking" 6904s........one transition and one later gun w/ round trigger guard and Novak sight...... Both with their stuff...............both marked at $325.

Backstory;(buy the gun not the story) a local collector is older (80s), in poor health; hasn't shot in years, and doing home repairs ........ as he needs cash he's selling off guns from his collection..... so far about 30..... both guns said to be (and appear to be) unfired since leaving the factory.

I did an impulse buy on the later gun (round trigger guard and Novak sight) with box, docs and extra magazine.......just so I could write a post that TTSH would see and read!!!!!!!

Did't have time to do the paperwork....... son's Soccer game....so will have to make another 4 river crossings later this week.

LOL; Did I do good???

While I have a couple of 6906s and PC Shorty-9s ..... these are the first "nice" 6904s I've seen for sale in .......I'd guess, in over 20 years????? Most 6904s were Police guns and got pretty banged up .... and would never past the "TTSH (beauty) Test" !!!!!

I posted an FYI on the other gun in another thread..... if the Mods take it down PM me for the shop's information.

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 05-24-2017 at 10:26 AM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: