Thread: Guns lose value
View Single Post

Old 05-21-2017, 03:08 PM
BANNED Scammer !! SCAMMER !! SCAMMER !! SCAMMER !!
SCAMMER !!
THIEF !! THIEF !! THIEF !! THIEF !! THIEF !! THIEF !!
THIEF !!
SCUMBAG !! SCUMBAG !! SCUMBAG !! SCUMBAG !!
SCUMBAG !!
DANGER !! DANGER !! DANGER !! DANGER !! DANGER !!

Liked 188 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
You do know that Glock's margin per pistol is about 68%
"In a 1994 patent lawsuit in the U.S., Glock estimated its profit margin per pistol at 68%."

Glock's Secret Path to Profits - Bloomberg

So selling your $500 Glock to police agencies at $200 is still a profit making business. I reads somewhere else that the manufacturing cost per pistol is about $75.

To the OP, you'll never sell your well used $500 Glock for anything close to $500 unless you are in California. If it isn't well used, then you're telling me you did buy the gun with the expectation that it will hold it's value.

Maybe you should have invested in Yugos.
down here in Tucson used glocks sell for the LOWEST I've ever seen at $400... the average for a gen 4 is $450... I have a friend who runs the gun counter at 3 pawn shops as a manager and he sells g19s and G17s all day long in under a week at that $450 price range for Gen 4s and $425 for gen 3s

the only time anyone comes CLOSE to $300 prices are those backpage scammers offering to ship from florida if you'll send them a money order

I've bought low at $400 on backpage and flipped for close to $500 and they'll go within 24 hours of posting on backpage... and I've only found those $400 glocks (that aren't beat to **** or 20 years old) THREE times in all my years of looking (and I LIVE on backpage... I have a auto refreshing browser tab opened all day)

Last edited by wormraper; 05-21-2017 at 03:12 PM.