View Single Post

Old 05-22-2017, 06:07 PM

Liked 6,661 Times in 2,206 Posts

It was in honor of another recent thread (on another forum) that I got out my CS45, checked cleanliness & re-lubricated it, loaded up half a dozen magazines and packed an extra box of Ranger T-Series in one of my bags, and took it along as one of my LEOSA weapons for our last drive to the PNW.

While I really like my slightly smaller CS9, I've owned the CS45 for a while longer and have put a LOT of rounds downrange with it over the years.

I've had it long enough that the (original) Ashley Express Big Dot front night sight has gone dark some time ago (the older rear sight didn't come with a night sight capsule for the CS45, but just a white stripe).

I'm too lazy to pull the front sight and send it out for relamping. I've thought about just putting some regular 3-dot sights on it, or maybe an older MMC S&W 3rd gen adjustable rear sight I have, with the standard front dot. The little gun shoots very accurately, regardless of what sights have been on it over the years.

I've got an older Blade-Tech OWB scabbard, which I ordered cut down a little more in the front than they said was normal. They made a point of telling me it wouldn't be IDPA legal, but I told them I only drew against bad guys, anyway, not for sport. Different "rules" and latitude would be involved.

This is the only leather holster I have the CS45, ordered back when the H726 was standard production at Hume, and when they made them a little differently, meaning belt tunnel loops instead of belt slots, and cloth covers inside the thumb snap instead of plastic inserts (which I replace with the same adhesive cloth patches they used to use, as the hard plastic could sometimes snag/hang up on the side of the slide during the draw, even if only momentarily).

Last edited by Fastbolt; 05-22-2017 at 06:09 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: