View Single Post

Old 05-24-2017, 03:02 PM

Liked 1,653 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
Please don't stop there, I for one would love to hear more about your method for easily disarming a knife wielding attacker unarmed. Why not write a book? If you have the answer to a problem, which has apparently eluded every instructor I've trained with or read about over the course of the last three decades, you could make millions. If not interested in money, do it to help save innocent lives.
He speaks the truth, I have been attacked on duty a few times by a knife holder. Stabbed twice, cut once on the thigh. As bad as that sounds I was good as new with a couple stitches. NONE of those times did I attempt to draw let alone shoot. In fact I assaulted the person with the knife, and did exactly what he explained. Taking a stab, or cut to a non vital area of the body is preferable to getting your throat cut while trying to get, or hold a gun.

If you bring a gun to a close knife fight you will lose. First since we are law abiding citizens the attacker is already armed at ready. We cannot use force until we are threatened. The time you waste getting your gun is possibly going to be your last time above ground. If you can run, RUN, if not disarm your attacker, even if you get cut on the hand, or arm. A stab is not going to put you out of commission. And slicing is difficult in hand, to hand.

Situational awareness will keep you alive far longer than tactikewl training. Seems these guys have to invent new ways to make money.
The Following User Likes This Post: