View Single Post

Old 05-24-2017, 03:17 PM

Liked 1,653 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
Regarding incorporating movement while using a handgun to defend against a knife(or any contact weapon)...

Thoughts?

GunFu: Rob Pincus, Combat Focus Shooting, "Shooting on the Move" - YouTube
Cowboy tactics~~remember the cowboys on horseback in the movies shooting behind them? How do you think that worked. 2012 two NYPD officers encounter a man with a gun who had already shot a victim. One officer stood his ground, one officer shot exactly in the manner of Rob. Nine bystanders were shot that day. It is complete waste of time to shoot, and not hit the threat.

If you can move, MOVE! You will move faster if you are concentrating on moving. Then when gaining some distance you might be able to draw, and fire. It might be just me, but if somebody threatens me with a knife, whether it is in their hand, or pocket, I am already backing up, and moving away. Not standing like an idiot waiting for them to pull it. Two people of equal abilities he person who has a knife running forward will easily outpace the person drawing, and trying to run backwards.

Sometimes police officers have no choice, but most of us do. Don't engage, don't be a target/victim.

Remember the whole point of a paid trainer, is to make money. Competition is high in the tactical market.