View Single Post

Old 05-26-2017, 12:53 PM

Liked 1,090 Times in 429 Posts

I think, and I could be wrong is that as a civilian concealed carrier the object is not to engage if you do not have to. Seek cover or relocate out of harms way. If you must engage do so and then be ready to disengage once your threat is no more and seek cover and LE.
I don't like to see our military disparaged. Many of them have seen true combat and must be respected for their knowledge. Many LEO's have also seen combat so to speak and they too should be respected. Civilians who have seen the use of their firearms and survived should also be listened to no matter what they did to survive. Take all of the good and try and learn from it as it could and may save your life.
In my experience, when you say hoot and move it really means shoot and move to a position of cover.
I had the privilege of being trained by a real, retired Navy SEAL and I learned more in 8 hours from that man than I did at my agency in 25 years I think. I became more confidant in my abilities to do the various tasks that I was thrust into during the course of my shifts.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: