View Single Post

Old 05-26-2017, 01:42 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I don't like having different loads in a self-defense gun. The reason is, if the first shot misses, I probably want the second shot to be the same load. And, I probably want that second shot to be just as powerful/effective as the first under any circumstances.
Then, what if there are two bad guys? Wouldn't you want the same stopping power for the second guy? So, I say, load full up with whatever you decide is the right first round.
The shotgun is a capacity deficient tool. At best you're looking at 8 rounds and most of us have less.
A side saddle really isn't a problem, but I don't like the extra stuff either.
I don't honestly see a marked difference between the first shot and second shot in my setup. I just tried something and found I can change that last two shells in the magazine out for 3" and suffer no loss to capacity. That's a lucky discovery indeed. I guess I'm set for several bad guys now...
The trade off of capacity for handling is tangible. I have a side saddle on a shotgun and in this case the balance point is obstructed, the with is doubled, and it defeats the purpose of this platform. The match saver is a great idea for matches. I don't want one to put on a defense gun anymore than I would ghost load a defensive Benelli.