View Single Post

Old 05-27-2017, 12:15 AM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
The reasoning is irrelevant in my book. I'm on board with more guns. No reason necessary other than you wanted it.

Now a personal note on the viability of such a tool; it's gonna hurt to shoot it. Buckshot is my preferred self-defense load. To be really effective, it needs to be 1,300FPS or more. I've fired shotguns with just a pistol grip and they're not fun. This doesn't even have that.

To be effective with any self-defense tool, you need to practice with it. I wouldn't practice with this because it will just hurt too much. Call me silly, but I want a shoulder stock on my shotguns.
So I guess I'm hard headed, but this thing is fun to play with and shoot. I'm making time to shoot this because​ it's so much fun. It's a bit of a ride with buckshot, but it's devastating. With electronic muffs it's very feasible to shoot almost anytime. I have the option to shoot on my property day or night so I practice. The biggest thing I have learned, is how big the pattern ISN'T. Folks are talking about Federal Flitecontrol wads holding an eight inch pattern at 35 yards and I'm thinking, how about 8" at 8 yds? Or maybe 4"? A rifled choke tube would be nice in some cases.