View Single Post

Old 05-27-2017, 09:48 AM

Liked 19,938 Times in 8,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by American1776 View Post

I've noticed that full size service pistols have mostly become double stacks. Hi-capacity is the norm.

I'll still carry my full sized single stack 9 and 45; but I wonder if they are becoming obsolete in general? Thoughts?
We are interpreting his "question" differently.............. I don't think he's been back to clarify......

He references that most "full size service pistols" are now mostly double stack......... and carry 12 to 18 rounds

But his question is;................... are single stacks "becoming obsolete in general?"...

my answer to him is "in general " single stack handguns are not becoming obsolete as they continue to serve many of us very well for our purposes.

In fact there have been many new single stack guns introduced over the past few year .....including by Glock........ who made their reputation with hi cap double stack guns........ and by Sig, S&W and others.

In general single stack are not becoming obsolete..many/most use the same technology as their fat butt siblings... but; as an open carry service gun they have mostly been replaced by hi-cap models.

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 05-27-2017 at 09:49 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: