View Single Post

Old 05-27-2017, 12:59 PM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post

My point is that single stack guns are not "in general Obsolete"..... they work for me and and you seem to like them so don't get caught in the trap of "carrying what the police/military" carry........ those are generally supplied by the lowest bidder!!!!!
Doesn't work that way. Its the cheapest made to a specific spec. Meaning that there is a set standard and companies compete to make that. Materials are still the same. Just like you shop around at different gun stores for one specific gun. I have a friend who does these contracts for a living. Once a order is put out companies see dollar signs because it's the federal government. All of a sudden salaries go up, lunch is fillet mignon, the CEO suddenly needs to go to Hawaii for a week to procure something and of course he's going to need a private limo and first class air fare. All this goes into the total price of the product. So yes it's the cheapest of that. The gov may say ok you can fly to Hawaii if it's a must but it will be coach and you can take a taxi. If they bought the most expensive we'd just be paying for vacations and other unnecessary stuff

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk