View Single Post

Old 06-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Liked 390 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth07ex View Post
My spring isn't new, but the rifle has a low round count. I measured the spring with a steel ruler, that has metric as well as inch marked. The spring measured just a hair under 3/4 inch× 1/8 inch. The metric was more accurate at 2 cm. × 3 mm. Hope this helps. Anyone know if the10/22 spring would match? I've never put em beside each other, but they would be similar. Maybe?
Being a bit OCD and at times looking for a challenge, tonight I pursued the 10/22 possibility. The extractor spring for the 10/22 appears to be the same for the mkii pistol and possibly the mkiii Ruger. Anyhow, it looks very similar to the S&W spring to include same number of coils. I did find that the 10/22 spring comes in 3 different sizes (lengths most likely depending on year model however I find only one standard length). Ordered 2 from Midway moments ago and will post my findings. If nothing else, I have a 10/22 so no biggie. It'll be great if it works because it's readily available from several locations. If Ruger wants to furnish parts for my 15-22 in S&W's absence, so be it.