View Single Post

Old 06-03-2017, 10:00 PM

Liked 523 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJelly View Post
Maybe there was just a smidge of tongue in cheek in my comments ... That said, it's an original idea - and I do use large, thick rubber bands to hold a few handguns into their holsters. Just came in from a walk in the neighborhood and the G42 is in a DeSantis ... with a thick band on it. The part about writing things on the bands was pure ... baloney ...

Started doing this after the hammer on my SIG 238 put a heck of a hole in the wood floor ... when I dropped it ... To keep this comment on topic for safety - not seen on the G42 is the Saf-t-blok behind the trigger - and I thought I saw that the Saf-t-bloks are offered in red now.
I've carried a Glock 42 in that exact same holster. It was completely secure. If I felt like I needed a rubber band to hold it in, I would send it right back to DeSantis and tell them the holster is defective.

I had never even heard of the Saf-T-Blok until your post, what an idea, you have to poke around behind the trigger before your gun is usable. Yes, that's just what I want to be doing while some guy is punching me in the face or plunging a knife into me.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest perhaps you would be better served with a different gun, different carry method, or both.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: