View Single Post

Old 06-03-2017, 10:46 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,613 Times in 2,577 Posts

The way I see it, the issue is not how gun nuts see these guns, with or without rubber bands - we all know that any gun should be treated as loaded until proven otherwise, and even pretty much thereafter. Where I see an issue is what things look like to a person ignorant of firearms. Most folks (but NOT all), ignorant or not, are smart enough to keep their hands to themselves until they can get a competent person to do whatever needs to be done. I am thinking now primarily of what would happen in the unfortunate but inevitable case of my death, hopefully at the age of 120.

Those few guns in my safe which actually ARE loaded (at present, none, but often one or even two) are hanging behind a bright yellow or orange tag which says "LOADED" - not a lot of room for confusion for the English-speaking among my mourners.

I feel that this targets those who actually might need the information, and quite clearly, without impeding the utility of actual weapons or wasting effort to warn people who already know better.

OP: Who is your target audience?

Last edited by ImprovedModel56Fan; 06-03-2017 at 10:50 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: