View Single Post

Old 06-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Banned

Liked 710 Times in 424 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
I always felt the packing grease thing was overblown. My Sport 1 came with little to none and could have easily fired a few hundred rounds just as it came out of the box. My Colt had a decent amount more on it, but still not enough that I thought it would have caused a problem if I had fired it that way and just recently I bought a NIB KAC SR15 that had some slight packing grease on the BCG exterior and that was it.

So, is it a good idea to open up a new rifle, inspect it, clean off the packing grease (if any) and re-lube before firing? Absolutely. Is it a
"must"? Nope.
My Sport I was the same way. It looked as if it just had a light coat of 3 IN 1 oil on it. Now, my Ruger AR-556, I have no clue what was on that rifle. I think it was some ALIEN (The scary monstuh) saliva on it.
I always clean ALL of my firearms before I fire any rounds through them. I did own a Glock G17.4. Glock puts some kind of copper lube/anti-seize on the rails and they recommend to NOT clean it from the handgun. But, I did anyway.
BTW, I sold that 2X4, I mean that Glock.