View Single Post

Old 06-15-2017, 08:11 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,548 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestinmathews View Post
This makes no sense. Accuracy is always affected. I'm practicing effective firing as fast as possible while moving as fast as possible. It's most definitely not suppression fire. I know what it takes to get that hit. I'm talking about training to be faster by pushing that limit instead of always slowing down to get there.
You do it your way, and I will do it mine because it kept me alive through four tours in the infantry and recon in Vietnam. What I said does make sense in spite of your opinion. I hope you never have to be in a gunfight. But, if you are, remember this if your haste does not seem to effective. Slow down when you reach cover, take aim, and kill the enemy.

Gunfighting is not like you see it in the movies. That is fantasy. The reality is that unless you keep your adrenalinin under control and your wits about you, you are likely to get hurt or dead.

Did you ever see a video of a real swat team in action? Did they rush to see how fast they could move and shoot? Fact is that ever move they make is deliberative and done slowly and carefully. That is what the experienced fighters do.

Finally, I recall an old adage in the infantry. The battle plan goes out the window as soon as the first shot is fired. That is because the enemy is not following your plan. Practice is great, but unless you are getting shot at while you practice it is not realistic.

Last edited by richardw; 06-15-2017 at 08:20 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: