View Single Post

Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 27,996 Times in 8,452 Posts

It goes without saying that whatever works best for you, works best for you, so no criticism of anyone implied.

But the way I'm going about business around town when I'm out and driving, frequently picking up or meeting up with other people, stopping at various places, dropping off stuff, etc., the idea of constantly drawing and stowing my handgun again every time I get in and out of the truck sounds like a huge hassle to me, and a potential safety issue. I'd be way too klutzy not to screw up at some point and drop my piece in the truck, or out of the truck. Plus I'd rather not show my gun to everybody I'm with at every stop.

When I leave the house armed, the gun stays where it is unless the situation warrants drawing a gun. Only exception: a visit to the courthouse or other place where carrying is not legal.

While in the driver's seat, twisting the hip toward the left and arching my back a bit lets me draw from the right hip in an emergency. Not very elegant and not very fast, but while there is a remote possibility you might have to draw your gun while sitting in your car, a split-second fast-draw showdown is not what I'd worry about.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: