View Single Post

Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM

Liked 6,634 Times in 2,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethang View Post
Training costs to transition officers is very expensive. Going from a traditional DA/SA to a striker fired system will take a good bit of training and ammunition.
While I haven't asked about the transition program used, the CHP has never been an agency to "short" their people when it comes to training, and especially firearms training.

The average officer (post academy) will shoot monthly, on average, and for score every 90 days. That doesn't take into account any additional training that may occur, or any required qualification/training that may occur if an officer is assigned to an outside agency/multi-agency task force/detail (homicide, narcotics, vehicle theft, etc). For example, I knew CHP officers on loan to a couple of local task forces, and they had to shoot not only for their own agency (field office) requirements, but with the other task force agents, as well (who did more quals and training than other regular positions in their respective agencies).

I imagine it's increased since then, but back in '05 the CHP was buying 5 millions rounds of duty pistol ammunition annually.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 06-20-2017 at 02:44 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: