View Single Post

Old 06-21-2017, 01:00 PM

Liked 1,795 Times in 625 Posts

I've been shooting my whole life and am now a senior. I handload most all calibers and shoot mostly 100 yard plus gongs and bells. I think I have one of everything.

Till I'm dead, I will always hold a grudge against Ruger because of the new SP101 I purchased. Too many guys here write using qualitative terms without measurement. Good triggers, light triggers, and sweet triggers.
My SP101 trigger measured over 15 lbs in DA and over 8 lbs in SA. It was gritty. It wobbled. After days of attempting to tune, it is now passable.

A 15 lb pull is the most irresponsible design I have ever seen. I live in Prescott, with the Ruger plant, and have listened to the staff complain about the lawyer designed SP101. I tried to get Ruger to tune the action and they refused, even if I paid. They said 15 lbs is within specifications.

After 20 years and thousands of complaints, they have done nothing. I talked to one gunner who claimed to have gotten a nice one by reviewing a dozen. His comments about one in a dozen being nice is what I think the odds are of getting a good one.

I love my other Rugers, but this gun and Rugers attitude is unacceptable. And Ruger will hear about it forever. Not that they care.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: