View Single Post

Old 06-21-2017, 05:46 PM

Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts

I received the following today:

Got my gun back with some paperwork. Had to stash the gun in the safe without giving it much inspection due to much activity in my house. But the Cylinder is spinning freely and the trigger pull feels right through multiple strokes.

Paperwork is as follows:

A small piece of paper indicating a test was performed for "VENT PARTICLES" with a result of "A" meaning Accept. On the bottom of this sheet is a note saying "DIRTY" with the following codes "02,07,37,52,60". No idea what this part means.

3 pieces of white paper, one marked L, one marked R, one blank. All free of debris. Obviously part of the vent particle test.

A repair order confirmation sheet. Of interest on this sheet is the following: Yoke Bind - Excessive Lead Fouling On. High Screw - Screws Back out. Misfires - Light Strikes, Excessive Blow. So that matches the email I sent in describing my issues. Then it says, Performed Service: Evaluate/Repair, Clean Gun, Cut Forcing Cone, Replace Strain Screws, Replace Thumbpiece Nut, Repair Yoke. Then this paper lists a bunch of part numbers, but I don't think they replaced this long list of parts on my gun. This paperwork is frankly a bit confusing.

A packing slip not relevant to the repair.

As they say the proof is in the pudding so I will get this to the range, probably Friday, and ring her out. Stay tuned.

-Southpaw
The Following 3 Users Like Post: