View Single Post

Old 06-22-2017, 01:53 PM

Liked 1,653 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
I have done many things that are dangerous in my life. Things that require awareness and proficiency and have risks regardless of how safe I was. Spearfishing in shark and barracuda infested waters, mountain biking down cliffs, racing motorcycles on track and on dirt, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, and of course drawing and shooting on the move to name a few.

I look back and I am glad I was not scared enough or doubted myself proficient enough to not do them because of risk or I would have lost a lot of life experiences, training, and fun. Life is full of risks.

FYI the gun range and training standards are set for the lowest common denominator because again, not all people are proficient and safe.

I have thousands of live fire draws after getting off the X.... and yes civilians need to practice reacting to an attack that can cause them great bodily harm, unlike LEO they are way behind the 8 ball because the attack has already occurred and they are in defensive posture so moving, creating space and distraction and fast draw when appropriate are all very important IMHO.

Like I said you don't have to justify it, if you feel it is unsafe for you, don't do it but don't force upon me your views if I disagree... it's like the gun control argument. Just because you don't like them and don't feel safe with them, don't judge me and tell me what I can and cannot own.
I never forced anything on anyone, it is your choice, your responsibility. Just as it is mine. We all make choices, and be responsible for those choices. IMO there are better ways to exercise choices, and I choose the safest route.