View Single Post

Old 06-23-2017, 01:43 PM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

I took a brief glance at CZ's website, and the results were disheartening; emphasis placed on the mentioned P10C (a polymer, striker-fired gun), and with other polymer guns like the SP01 Phantom, the P 07 and the P 09.
These are prominent in the Updated/New section.

Looking for all the different varieties of metal pistols, I didn't find many of them until I checked under the Dsicontinued/Limited Edition section.
Not as many options for the 'flagship' gun, but via the Dan Wesson label, there's a lot of 1911 choices.

We saw this progression occur with S&W when they phased out the 3rd Gen guns, a change over to polymer, entry into the 1911 market, and decline/disappearance of original design metal guns.

Sig Sauer is in the early phases of this too- while their P series is still prominently featured for now, the polymer guns are becoming more and more prominent, as are the 1911's.

Beretta, also... while the majority of the pistols they list are of the 92 style, the first 4 on the page are polymer, and they're touting the APX- a polymer striker fired gun.
Still no 1911s, so there's some hope left... I like the 1911 as much as anyone, but I think it's a bad sign when prominent manufacturers give up on their own, more modern designs, and go with that instead. I think it means their marketing and sales divisions have concluded the market is closing.

I'm glad I have the steel guns I do.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: