View Single Post

Old 06-24-2017, 10:37 AM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLT223 View Post
How many of you folks measure bullet speed when developing loads? I haven't and I feel like Im driving blind to some extent. I've deveoped some very accurate, user friendly rounds in my favorite calibers, but I only have a rough idea of their velocities. I dont shoot competitively so I dont need to confirm power factor. I guess Im just curious. The range I use most is not set up well for a chrono, so I would likely be looking at a Lab Radar unit. Not the most economic option, but sure looks interesting.

For those of you running a Lab Radar, does it only work in large open space, or could it work in an indoor range shooting stall if no one is next to me?
Because you are flying blind w/o a chrono. I've been using a chrono since paper screens. I could reload w/o now, but everything is a guess.
I use an oehler, best imo, but they all work, some just better than others. Seeing the labdar in use at the Idpa nats, i would buy one today if looking to spend what a new oehler cost. They are not light sensitive & can be used in varying locations more easily than something with sky screens.
Btw, its not just about knowing the fps. You can judge pressure increases when swapping components. This alone is worth buying one. If you load for gun games, its a must to make sure you make pf. Book data almost never matches reality. Fwiw,dont buy a Chrony, krap. Yes they work, but there is a reason they get shot. ****** screens & shooters keep getting lower & lower to get a reading. Just spend another $50 & get a Prochrono or CED.

Last edited by fredj338; 06-24-2017 at 01:37 PM.