View Single Post

Old 06-26-2017, 12:02 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,548 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakco View Post
Not if you are a C.A.R. practitioner as you stated you are a fan of. I disagree with you above assessment also, BTW.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Yes I am a CAR practitioner, and what I wrote is valid. In a close quarter knife attack CAR would call,upon you to parry the knife with you weak side arm while drawing with your dominant hand. That is an excellent technique, but it is abstract. In reality you might have to parry with your dominant arm because the attacker is left handed and you are right handed. Ever try to draw with your dominant arm engaged?

It is winter, and you have a heavy coat on and it covers your gun. The attack happens and you parry the thrusts with your weak side arm. Now, that arm is engaged, and it has to stay engaged. So you cannot pull up your coat with it to engage your pistol for a draw. You have to use your dominantnhand to get the coat above the gun so you can draw it. That takes precious time because parrying a knife without taking a countermeasure can get you stabbed. So it is not inconsistent with CAR to use other skills when a CAR exercise is impeded. The idea is not to be a purist but to be a winner.
The Following User Likes This Post: