View Single Post

Old 06-27-2017, 05:00 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,211 Times in 4,579 Posts

Every case is individual and, for sure, every home "partnership" is different from everyone else's. Especially if we are comparing anything in California with so much of the rest of the country. Just a wholly different outlook, that's my guess. ICBW.

As for me, with only two dogs and a pet snake (small, in a tank, not meandering around) to keep me company, nobody tells me I can't EDC at home and I do. Always. In the distant past I never stepped out of my doors to even toss trash without a gun and that graduated into ALWAYS with me at home. My last human companion, wife number 3 to be precise, was totally disinterested in whether I carried a gun or not (she carried one in her car and sometimes in her purse like lots of good West Texas ladies, way before anyone heard of a Texas carry permit) and I certainly do not permit my current companion to have an opinion on the subject in my house. I encouraged her to have her gun available in her house and it bugs me that she doesn't, actually.

And, yes, I do have one under my pillow. At no time do I ever find myself more than a foot or two from a loaded weapon. Paranoid? Probably. Have you read the news lately? I think paranoia is allowed.