View Single Post

Old 06-28-2017, 04:08 AM

Liked 440 Times in 206 Posts

Hear what you are saying. Had mine for just about a year now, and been quite pleased. Yes, it's had things changed out. But, mainly to comply with the ***** laws we're faced with here.

One thing I've noted when people talk about changing out things, are the comments about "well, you could have bought such and such". Think peo ple should realize a couple of things. First, some of us want to "kick the tires" before we make the purchase. What I had to look at when I got mine were the following- Sport II, Gen 2 Sport I, DPMS , Wyndham, and LWRC. LWRC was real nice, but the price was well over what I was willing to pay. DPMS didn't impress me. Wyndham was an option, but decided the difference in price was money that could be spent on other things. Gotta keep the wife happy.

Second, people have different tastes and experiences. Never got to play with an AR while I was in. Spent most of my time flying between Fl350 and 400' AGL, with an occasional trip down at tree top level. Rest of the time I was pulling Alert. And that meant being ready to visit folks who wrote in Cyrillic on only a couple of minutes notice.