View Single Post

Old 06-29-2017, 10:08 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
In 25+ years the addition of Hogue checkered Wood grips has not had any negative impact on concealed carry..... they are not blocky ( or sticky like the rubber ones) but provide a nice palm swell......... like a micro 39 or the ASP/Trapper? Devels they were modeled on!!!!
Oh, I do understand. I get it Bam. But let me reveal a long-kept secret about poor old TTSH and one of his key attractions to 3rd Gens. I love the clean look and feel of the thin black 3rd Gen wrap-around grips on a stainless steel pistol.

There, I finally said it. No pressing need or desire for wood grips, rubber or anything else for me. Honest!

I think I misled you about the feel of the 3913 vs. the 6906 (or 5906). Yes, I do prefer the latter (double stacks) for extended range shooting but I have no great objection to the thinner single-stack 3913 and prefer to keep them as slim & trim carry guns just as God and Smith & Wesson intended.

Remember, I don't actually carry my 3913's. I am too damn old and fat to do anything other than pocket carry one of my many plastic mini-mouse guns. If I need more firepower than that, I'll either stay home or use one of my shoulder rigs.

Someday, if I ever get back down to the size and weight I was in my running days back in the 80's, I'll think about IWB holster carry. Until then, it's plastic pocket mouse power for me.