View Single Post

Old 06-29-2017, 10:19 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Butcher View Post
I'm glad your range takes safety seriously! Our club only gives it lip service.

Ivan
The two ranges I go to do .. the indoor range has a list of a couple of people not allowed on the range anymore because of safety violations or dis-obeying the RO on duty .. I've also seen the RO give a warning that if not complied with would have resulted in a ban .. before joining you have to watch a 15 minute movie on what is allowed and not allowed and what will happen if you don't follow the rules .. they are also posted on large poster board in large letters in several places and on every range !!

Most of the safety violations have been from newer shooters from what I have seen personally .. doing something they just didn't think about .. such as turning off the range pointing at someone when a failure occurs while shooting!! pointing a firearm at someone with out thinking the violation I have most often seen occur ..

the out door Range I belong to has just put cameras on all 7 of the ranges after some vandalism and some members violating others members rights (bullying a young man and his son that were shooting) .. I think some have been banned there too ..

Safety should be Priority 1 in all cases !!