View Single Post

Old 07-02-2017, 10:53 PM

Liked 133 Times in 93 Posts

I switched my EDC to a S&W 637 from a KelTec P3AT. I have a couple model 60's but find them too heavy for pocket carry in a pair of shorts though OK for a coat or jacket in colder climates. The 15 oz 637 is not noticeable when carried in the front pocket any more than the P3AT was.

Before buying the pistol I rented one at the local indoor range to try out and see how much recoil the lightweight pistol had. I found it quite manageable with both standard and +P loads.

The small standard boot grips the 637 comes with work well with a 2 finger grip and the small finger coiled under the butt. This keeps the pistol from slipping up in the hand under recoil and the grip conceals well in a Desantis pocket holster.

My current self defense loads are Remington +p 125gr Golden Sabers selected because they do well on YouTube tests from snub nose revolvers. I keep 2 Safariland speed loaders for additional ammo. The HKs speed loaders get hung up on the boot grip but work for my other model 60's with Pachmayers.