View Single Post

Old 07-11-2017, 06:24 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

If you have looked around at AR prices lately you might notice they are creeping back up from the low point about a month or two ago. I looked around for the lowest price on a S&W M&P Sport II and couldn't find one under $500 with some approaching $600.

It would be my guess that the inventory the gun makers had around in anticipation of the wrong person winning the presidency is being depleted and they aren't making as many as they were. They want to cut back the supply so the price will go up. Supply and demand is always in play without some outside force changing things like the threat of an outright ban.

I don't expect prices to go down at all. Probably they will stabilize where they are because there will be a good many used AR's on the market sold by those who wanted to get one while the getting was good but found they really didn't want to shoot it after they bought it. And they don't fear not having the ability to buy one in the future if it comes to that. At least not for the next 3.5 years.

Prices may go up from where they are now IMO. But they won't go down. I don't believe they will anyway. The boom demand is over for the time being and that old bugaboo of supply and demand will come into play once it's clear the makers aren't stockpiling and running their lines 24/7 like they were.