View Single Post

Old 07-11-2017, 09:19 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 13,683 Times in 1,730 Posts
Default Please remove: POSTING PHOTOS on this Forum.

Below is the response that I sent to Photobucket today.
This is not a topic for discussion based on my narrative to them. Just my words.
Me, Photobucket, we're done.

bdGreen

Well, this will be my one and only chance to respond to what has just happened to many people that have been members of your service for many years.
I joined PB around twelve years ago.
That is also when I joined a Forum that I hold a certain passion for.
I noticed the difficulties that many members had sharing their personal imaging on the Forum so I wrote the complete procedure to allow them to know how to do it comfortably with little angst. That procedure has been posted for about twelve years now and has, literally, been viewed by over thirty thousand people. It was a wonderful thing for all.
Until now.
It truly saddens me that after all these years Photobucket changes the rules and disrupts what we have been allowed for so many years. I personally have shared hundreds of pictures on the Forum for all to see. It is what makes sharing knowledge and images a great thing today.
I know it costs money to run your operation and business. But, when you offer a service and then retract without any options other than paying four hundred dollars a year for something that you allowed members to utilize it really hurts. It destroys the fabric of our involvement with each 'community' that thousands of people shared for so many years.
I really appreciated your service and the free storage that I have been allowed.
I really hate the fact that I promoted Photobucket so diligently for over twelve years among thousands of viewers. I have lost face over that and will regret every mention and moment that I encouraged thousands of people to join Photobucket.
I am currently taking action to have all references to your service removed from any place that I am connected to.
I cannot and will not render any support for your business when I am solicited for comments about online photo companies.
I have removed all of my images from Photobucket and will not be returning for any reason whatsoever.

Life is full of choices.
You made yours.
I made mine.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: