View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,590 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by model3sw View Post
That was likely Bill McCarter. I once wrote to the Ohio Gun Collectors back in 2010 which Bill responded.

His father started the collection and Bill kept right on going. Through S&WCA club friend, Joe Cebull, he put me in touch with Bill, again, just recently.

Bill likely has the finest USRA collection. Either he and / or his father authored articles on the USRA and on Walter Roper.

Bill made me an offer just the Ropers from this one. While his offer for the Roper stocks was very generous, I cannot reason with removing them from the USRA they were likely supplied with when purchased.

All my collector friends tell me that I had not been to a "show" unless I have attended a Ohio Gun Collector show. I hope to get to one of their shows in the near future.
His father wrote the following: USRA Single Shot Pistols - Guns of Constant Evolution - by William K. McCarter, Past President . Actually, Sean McCarter told me that he was the one that got his father interested in Model 195 pistols.

The friend who gave me the 195 pictured in my post above found it at OGCA. This was a few years before the McCarters got interested. My friend also had four or five other 195s which were passed to his sons or sold when he moved to a less gun-friendly state than Massachusetts.

Last edited by ImprovedModel56Fan; 07-13-2017 at 09:50 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: