Thread: Brill Holster
View Single Post

Old 07-14-2017, 06:00 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 11,135 Times in 3,316 Posts

As I have said before, I collect mostly floral carved "Big Three" holsters. But, I purchased my first Brill Holster a few days ago. When I was looking I came across the holster that started this thread. That made me think I would not be able to afford one. The one I got was kinda rough, but the Blackrock worked it's magic. I think it also was modified by a previous owner. The safety strap was probably added later (I don't think Brill would cover their Maker's Mark with part of the safety strap), it was probably dyed black later (the back of the holster is brown), and the belt loop on the back of the holster was sewed up so it would fit a narrower belt (1 1/2 inch instead of a 3 inch). Other than that it looks great! It has a pretty thick welt, but I think that is common on a Brill holster. I did not see a model number on it anywhere, so I don't know if Brill holsters have them. If they don't, I sure wonder how you ordered one back in the day. I got it for a good price. It fits a medium frame revolver with a 4 inch barrel. I thought I had gotten all the verdigris off the male end of the snap, but the close up pics say I didn't. Needs more work.

I am hoping Red sees this because from earlier posts in this thread, it seems this holster has rounded corners instead of square corners.

Here are a few pictures (from my computer instead of that evil PB) so they are the thumbnail type:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A.W. Brill Holster (1).JPG (230.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg A.W. Brill Holster (2).JPG (249.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg A.W. Brill Holster (3).JPG (202.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg A.W. Brill Holster (4).JPG (198.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg A.W. Brill Holster (5).JPG (214.9 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by boykinlp; 07-14-2017 at 07:17 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: