View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Liked 15,520 Times in 6,804 Posts

Many years ago I loaded Berrys Bullets. Back then they where one of the few plated bullet companies. The prices where good.Loaded them at FMJ loads, I never see the need for maximum loads anyway to kill paper.

Then the price began to rise and they where not much different than FMJ bullets. I then loaded Precision Delta FMJ in semi autos.

I had a bunch of Berrys 9mm that I decided to measure and weigh. I ended up with about 3 or 4 different piles of lengths and weights, I called Berrys and they were nice enough to send a call tag, pick them up and refund my money.

Have not used any plated bullets since then, actually that said, I still have some 30 carbine bullets. They shoot fine.

With the coated lead bullets now around I find them the best for overall range use. I still use regular lead in revolvers and the Precision Deltas in semi Auto.

On another forum there is some pretty detailed tests and comparisons of the different plated bullets out there, There is a difference. Does it matter? Probably not.

They serve a purpose and are fine to use. I do agree that you do not need to "baby" them, they are not fine Crystal