Thread: Right or wrong
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2017, 02:55 PM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingriderz View Post
I have an on going issuses with neighbors. Last night I pulled on to our street to find the neighbors blocking the road .Its a dirt rural road. I slowed to a crawl when I saw this. As I got closer and crawling alot of the adults moved out the street. The one problem child decided to let his pit bulll loose and run in front of the car too. I still was at a crawl and dog decided to go into his yard. I didn't say a word to any of them . But gave them a look as they where yelling not so nice word. My question did I handel it correctly by refusing to be bullied ? Thoughts please?
Hard to say if you handled it correctly.

IIRC, you've posted about them quite a bit. The sociopaths next door. Apologies if that's not right. Doesn't sound like you'll ever get them kicked out. No good answer, but from my perspective, you only have three options...

1) You can figure out some way to coexist with them (it may not be possible).

2) You can move.

3) You can live in a constant state of conflict with them. I'm guessing they have a lot more experience living like that than you do, so that may not be a great choice.

If they're swearing at you and you're making faces at them, that probably works for #2 and #3. Not so much for #1.

For #1, you could try the "speak softly and carry a big stick" approach. Give them a big wave and smile every time you see them, regardless of their behavior. Every time they trespass, call the sheriff. If they confront you about it, give them your biggest smile and say "Was that you hon?. I'm sorry, I always call the sheriff when someone I don't recognize is on the property."

If they are as big of sociopaths as you've said, moving or living in perpetual conflict may be the only two realistic options.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 07-19-2017 at 02:57 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: