View Single Post

Old 07-20-2017, 10:47 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post

What I don't understand, is why owners that chose not to modify their sports feel they have to come onto the threads that are clearly started for the owners who want to modify their rifles?
Is a post count thing or do you really think posting on these threads is going to convert any of us to keeping our rifles stock?

I ask only in the spirit of good fun and not to hurt feelings.
Well, if you go back and read the thread, I offered some suggestions to the OP... and the hand guard would be the one thing I would consider changing, since the stock ones are cheap. (Actually the second thing, since I ditched the Magpul rear sight).

Just because I have a stock Sport doesn't mean that I don't have other rifles... or experience with aftermarket parts. Been on this board for quite a while and have seen many $1200 Sports...

But you asked how anyone could leave the rifle stock, and I answered your question. To me, the beauty of the Sport is that it is perfectly functional and serviceable right out of the box for a reasonable price. It is a value product... But the way the prices have dropped, I understand why someone would buy it and build on it.
The Following User Likes This Post: