View Single Post

Old 07-20-2017, 07:39 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Yes, I own four Korths

I have posted a response earlier about the Korths. I have a .38-only snub and a 3" .38/.357, both in blue and a 4" and 6" .38/.357 in "Plasma," their flat, silver-colored coating. They are great. So are the Colt Pythons and M27's. The advantage the Korths have is size; they are smaller and a bit more ergonomic than the Colt or Smith (the 3" Korth is about the size of a PC 66 F Comp), but they are all well-built guns.

I don't have a 9mm cylinder for the .38/.357 Korths, so I cannot on it comment other than the cylinders really do snap right in and out. I would say that while the cylinders have tight tolerances and fit and finish is fine, the barrel is the not interchangeable are the cylinders. Given the .355 caliber of the 9mm and the .357 to .359 sizing of the 357 Magnum, the great accuracy you are paying for might be in doubt. The reason for the changeable cylinders is the handgun ownership restrictions in Germany. IIRC there is a limited number of handguns one can own (again, if I recall correctly, it's only one), so having a revolver that shoots both .38/.357 and 9mm is a advantage. Not so here in the USA [yet].

I should tell you that when I got the (used) .38 Special-only vintage Korth Snub Nose (it looks a lot like a Colt Detective of the 50's and 60's; no shroud over the ejector) it didn't like normal commercial loads. I had to order .356-sized hard cast lead 160 grain bullets to make it shoot accurately. No big deal, as I hand load, but it is what it is.

Sorry if I obfuscate, but this is what I know.

MDR

Certified NRA Instructor
Certified NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Life Member

When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, in his sleep--not screaming, like the passengers in his car.