View Single Post

Old 07-20-2017, 11:51 PM

Liked 3,447 Times in 937 Posts

I have Nill grips on a lot of my handguns and Willi Korth struck a deal with Nill to manufacture the grips for them in 1969. At that time Nill senior just started out and, as far as I know, this was the first factory order - for Korth it was a tremendous improvement.

In-house manufactured grips:

Nills, manufactured to Willi Korths specs:

Mydogreese,

your Korth was made in 1964/1965 in a contract for the Hamburg port police in two and four inch versions only but the contract was cancelled and the guns liquidated through private channels. While well made, they lack the double action roller bearing. I have the four inch version, of which about 481 were manufactured, while about 482 guns with two inch barrels were made. These also have the short coil spring that isn't encapsulated, yet, and the trigger action is noticeably inferior in double action compared to well set up post 1969 samples.

iPac,

Korth added plasma coating to their options later, I am unsure about the exact year that it was introduced but in 2007 they offered polished blue, plasma in polished and matte silver, plasma polished blue.

In order to show you guys better how the roller bearing works, I took the hand off. The wheels can be changed and really give very different stacking but I doubt that 1 out of 20 Korth owners, besides Michael Zeleny and me, will try to do that by themselves.

Last edited by Andyd; 07-21-2017 at 03:13 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: