View Single Post

Old 07-22-2017, 11:55 PM

Liked 10,653 Times in 3,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeppo View Post
How about trying an $18 rubber Talon decal? That might smooth out the grip for you without adding any thickness. They're as easy to remove as apply.
Jeppo, I gave mnarcher similar advice in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsig View Post
Before giving up on a excellent gun before you've even fired it, invest another $18 in a Talon Rubberized Grip. I have one on my Shield 9, and I like it very much. It's easy to install (it's neither a sleeve nor a tape), it feels good in the hand, it fits the grip like a glove, it's very durable, and it does not slip.

I don't have a Talon on my Shield .45, because I really like the factory grip. But that's just me. If you Talonize your Shield and give it a chance, I think you'll find it's one of the best compact self-defense pistols on the market. For its size, its accuracy is superb. Run at least 500 rounds through it, and you'll likely come to the same conclusion that most of us on the Forum have: It's a great pistol.
The Talon grip will solve mnarcher's problem with the Shield .45, but he seems to be bound and determined to get rid of it without ever knowing what a fine pistol it is.