View Single Post

Old 07-23-2017, 02:26 PM

Liked 17,437 Times in 5,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHands View Post
I'm excited to have one of your SS Lock Delete Plugs on the way. I put (132) rounds of .45acp and (30) rounds of .45Super thru my M625 yesterday. All ran well at the range, wonderful pistol and now my favorite revolver. My brother and I get back to my house, eat lunch, then pull our pistols out of the range bags to talk and clean them. I noticed the one of the side plate screws, (the one that sits right below the cylinder), had backed out damn near 4 complete turns under recoil. I know it was 4 turns because that's how many it took to make it just past snug again. If that screw can come loose under recoil with factory installed red loc-tite then how long before that damned Hillary Hole Lock rotates and locks up the pistol is a question I hate to think about. Also, the cylinder thumb release screw had loosened about 1.5 turns itself as well. I'm glad I ordered your lock delete J.D. and I can't wait to get it installed and give a review here about it.

And to answer your original question, yes, I would like to have a blank slab fill where the flag is going to come out from beside the hammer. However, if it cannot work along side the lock delete plug... then I would rather have the lock delete plug. Maybe in time you can figure out a way for both of them to work together!
The red material on the yoke screw is NOT red Locktite. If it was, that screw would still be in place, and you would play hell trying to get it loose.

As for the gun locking up, literally 10's of millions of rounds have been shot out of these guns since the lock mechanism was introduced, and how many verified reports of guns locking up have been filed? Half a dozen maybe? You are far more likely to have a firing pin break, so maybe we should add that to our list of worries and remove the lock from said list.