View Single Post

Old 07-23-2017, 05:14 PM

Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
Default Winchester Silvertip in the .44 variety - Discontinued?

I have been wanting to get my hands on some Winchester Silvertip in .44mag or .44spl. I have only been able to find the bullets, not the loaded cartridge. I am not set up to reload right now so the bullets alone don't do me much good.

Question: Did Winchester discontinue manufacturing the full cartridge in 44mag/spl? I know they still make some other calibers but I am looking for some food for my S&W M69.

I have been searching since I found out they exist but every where has been out of stock for years. I finally found a few boxes of the .44 spl but really want these in 44mag.

FYI, I got the 44 spl silvertip at ammunition to go (I have no affiliation with them). They only had a few boxes. I was nice and left a few for others as to not hoard. Someone else bought some and there is only 1 box left, so if you are trying to get some better jump on it.

Another question: Are these made in limited quantities or did Ammunition To Go find some hiding in a corner of the warehouse and put them up online?
The Following 2 Users Like Post: