View Single Post

Old 07-23-2017, 05:14 PM

Liked 665 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epj View Post
Ok, the .410 may not be the best defensive round to ever come down the pike. I would have never bought one of my own accord, but my late father in law wanted one which we gave him for Christmas a few years back. I have since inherited it along with all his other guns. Now, you would tell me that this revolver, which spits out 4 triple ought buck at a time is ineffective at the range of a few feet. It's been a few years since I've shot the Judge (2.5" cylinder, 3" barrel), but I distinctly remember seeing a very tight pattern at 10-15', and having the distinct feeling that I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that weapon. My thought is that any shot size smaller than BB is probably a no go except for snakes. Not sure how good it would be on snakes from a safe distance. Never tried any bird shot in it. I have some .45 Colt ammo for it, but I have better choices in that caliber for self defense. My question is, how many of the bashers have actually fired on of these guns? I have other guns on my nightstand as well, but the Judge might be my first choice in the event of an invasion. I don't have room on my nightstand for the riot gun or an AR. Both are available to repel boarders, but there are logistics that need to be overcome.
Nobody needs to shoot a handgun to understand it's capabilities. I'll take 16 rounds of 147gr HSTs anyday over a handful of 410s in a firearm that fits in the same footprint and reloads faster.

I could even carry 8 rounds of 230gr HSTs in a firearm that is quite a bit smaller and I'll trust 9, 40, or 45 HSTs anyday to get the job done.

These 410s are a far cry from someone's best option for self defense unless they are being attacked by snakes