View Single Post

Old 07-25-2017, 08:05 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 651 Times in 244 Posts
Default Marks Bug Me, Too . . .

. . . But, puh-leeze, do not polish that sucker. It'll still sell if need be but I just don't think you'll realize top dollar for diminishing the 1006's value. I've got a 1006 and 1076 and I'll buy any other dadgum S&W 10 that I can get my hands around and deeply enough in my wallet without hitting just leather.

There are some really, really good works in this forum on bead blasting third-generation Smith & Wesson pistols. Why, one or two even are chock-full of pictures to go with the verbiage.

Search for 'em, learn and buy the needed el-cheapo-supremo materials in the capitalistic open markets, then take the newfound knowledge and materials, along with a couple of 12 packs of a beer type generally consumed by area gearheads to one having a bead blaster. The shop housing it will likely be in an industrial area of town, on one side or another of the area's railroad tracks where you likely wouldn't otherwise traipse.

They'll love to see what you want to do, be thankful as all get-out for the beer, turn the bead-blaster over to you or, if lacking the skills, probably would LOVE to take a whack at it themselves (and do a grrr-reat job) and you'll find 'em to be very hospitable.

Now, I can't possibly know the heads of each gearhead to be found in this great land of ours, but I'll guarantee you they'll be okay or better folks.

I've done exactly as stated above and not only am I still alive, I've got some great-looking third generation guns that I bought for cheap and they now look like million bucks! And my then new-found buds are still "there" for me whenever needed!

Really.

Later.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: