View Single Post

Old 07-26-2017, 05:38 PM

Liked 5,798 Times in 1,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Stopped in Friday. He is a great guy. Let me pull the trigger on his carry 642 and if mine comes out even remotely close to that I will be a very happy camper. Can't wait.

Also showed me the 29-2 was sticking on a cylinder. Sure glad I brought it in.

Now all of my smiths have been in his care. Love his stories. Most of the artisans and craftsman in all trades are retiring. We are becoming a throw away society. Craftsman are a rare breed. Glad I'm getting this done.

Ok now I have my own Nelson Ford story. The more I deal with him the more I like his personality.

So my wife is down in phoenix and I had her take the tickets in and pick up both my 29-2 and my 442-1 which are done. I had to stay home due to work and puppies.

She sends me a photo of them just to verify she got the right ones.

Afterwards I ask her how it went because of course he is a bonafide wiseass and funny guy. Last time I brought her to drop them off he was making comments such as: you are brave, not many people bring their wives in here so they don't know what they spend.

She tells me: he offered me 200 bucks for both revolvers.

She laughingly declined, but of course he was joking.

I cannot stop laughing. He really has an old school humor that not many newsters can appreciate today.

I get my babies back tomorrow. Photos of the 29-2 with the new stags I bought coming by friday.

Cannot wait to ring some steel with my improved triggers and tuned actions! The Model 19 is a sweet shooter now. Maybe an all smith range day is in order soon.

I was also wrong about my post, I forgot that have the 6" 586 no dash that still needs a trip down to the valley for some tender loving care.

586 No Dash Added

probably get it down before christmas