View Single Post

Old 07-26-2017, 10:43 PM

Liked 25,766 Times in 8,708 Posts
Default UPDATED REVIEW - DOLPHIN M-400 POOL ROBOT

I don't know how many here have an in-ground swimming pool and so I am not sure how many are interested in this post. I am doing this out of sheer joy of this product! After having pools in my homes for 34 years I have had my share of pool cleaners.

About 6 weeks or so ago I bought a new Pool Cleaner (robot) and was initially very impressed with it. I did my homework before buying it and this one kept coming up as #1 - that's why I got this brand & model. I also said I would do a follow up review after using it for a while - so here it is...............

The Model is the Dolphin M-400 (made by Maytronics in Israel). It is an independent unit and does not connect in any way to your pool. The unit comes with its own caddy cart, 60 feet of robot to computer controller cable and two sets of different cartridge filters. It is fully capable of being controlled with your Smartphone although other than to play with it - it's not necessary because the robot does such an incredible job on its own. It also has a 360º swivel so your cable will NOT tangle up.

Anyone here who has ever owned one of these robots knows how disgusting it is to clean out the Bag - well this one is different because it has two removable cartridges (no bag) that insert from the TOP! Cleaning them out takes a minute and could not be easier . There are two different sets of filters for the cartridges - one fine and the other super fine. When this robot completes its cycle, the pool is 100% spotless! Every grain of sand, leaf, bug, etc is gone! This is a SMART robot and maps your pool - no more random moving around and it does not miss one inch of the pool - including the walls & steps.

Anyone interested in a SMART pool cleaning robot should strongly consider this new model unit. It is certainly NOT cheap but does go on sale occasionally. It is $1,499.00 (list) but when I bought mine in May it was on sale for $1,299.00 The store I bought it in also had a $75.00 instant rebate so I got mine for $1,224.99. Yes - still expensive but the "dumb" pool robots are only a few hundred less if you get one of the better ones. The last one I had was a Blue Diamond by Water-tech and it worked OK for the technology back then, but does not hold a candle to this one.

Anyway, I just wanted to follow through on my promise to do another more in-depth review after owning and using it for a while. Oh, it also comes with a 3 year warranty which is more than most. All I can say is I am ecstatic about its performance and would highly recommend it to anyone with an in-ground pool! It is very well made too! BEST I'VE EVER SEEN!

VIDEO:

Last edited by chief38; 07-26-2017 at 11:00 PM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: