Thread: CZ pistols
View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 02:11 PM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnacker View Post
I love CZ's.

People use phrases and stereotypes based on known examples, such as "German engineering" or "like a Swiss watch" to tout some industries.
Well, Czechoslovakia was also known for fine craftsmanship too, as people talk about Czech crystal etc. It ended up on the other side of the Iron Curtain, and the luster faded from Western perception for awhile. But the Czechs never stopped making their own stuff to a high standard, and that is reflected in the arms industry, of which CZ is at the forefront. If you look at the Communist arms, CZ never made a clone of a Russian design, they ALWAYS made their own stuff, and used the calibers required. The fact that they would be allowed to do so reflects on the quality of the weapons they produced.

I think the CZ 75 was the sidearm we "wanted" when the push came to move to 9mm for the military, and had the Czechs been on the other side of the wall, I think it would have been the pistol we adopted.
For a very very short time Czechoslovakia did make AKs before switching to the VZ58. But yes, they've always went their own way with arms. Soviet SKS in 7.62x39.....Czech VZ52 with detachable mag and 7.62x45. Soviet TT33....Chech CZ 52. Makarov.....CZ82!!!! They typically kept the caliber

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Like Post: