View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 02:45 PM

Liked 26,757 Times in 9,254 Posts

[QUOTE=Triggernosis;139684632]You guys recommending OWB belt holsters, pocket holsters, and cargo pants aren't very familiar with what bicyclists typically wear. QUOTE]

Many of us old fart bicyclists, don't care about or for the spandex lifestyle!

In biking weather I usually carry my J-frame in my front right pocket. It is slow to draw, but then that encourages me to peddle faster!

In the late 90's friend of mine had a dog "sicked" on him while in his own garage. The Large half German Shepard caught the first of 5, 45 acp hollow points as it entered the garage, it slid to a stop at my friends feet, who had already inserted a fresh mag to deal with the dog's owner. When the cops from 2 jurisdictions arrived (that street was the border) they were not surprised that someone carried a 1911 around their house, they were surprised, that he carried 2 spare mags! He never fired at the sub-human owner, but would have at the same point were he engaged the dog. As the bad human was mouthing off from the back of a cruiser, the police threatened to just let him out and drive away, That shut him up!

The lesson is, I won't be getting in a gun fight with 2 or 4 legs from the back of a bike !

Ivan
The Following User Likes This Post: