View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 03:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,371 Times in 4,620 Posts

Well, depending on your budget, you already have the Cobra.....jus' sayin'.....if dollars are a factor then there is no decision to be made.

OTOH, if dollars are not a factor, I don't see much difference. I have an old Colt Cobra that I carry in a fanny pack when I bike ride (I used to jog with it but my knees said cut that out). I could easily pocket carry it and would except I have a M642 for that so it is unnecessary for me to go get the Cobra. Its trigger is different from my S&W guns but not really relevant if I have to defend myself with it (and I really don't care which way the cylinder rotates - a reload is extremely unlikely and I don't carry speed loaders with me as a rule except for K frames, my preferred revolver of choice). It will do the job I hired it to do, I load it with .38 Special Silvertips (+P? really? to what end?), done and done. I wouldn't go looking for a J frame if I already had the Cobra.

I can pocket carry a snubbie K frame, too, so I know the Cobra would be easy and the only reason I don't sell it is sentimental - it was given to me by a friend. To me it's just another self defense piece of no particular importance except the sentiment.

If S&W made 2" K frames I would tell you to forego any J frame or lightweight Colt and get a S&W snubbie K. Personal choice for me is all....