View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 06:46 PM

Liked 153 Times in 101 Posts

I'll throw in another vote for the 2.0

I really like the way they feel in my hand. they took out just a little bit of material from the frame in the areas left and right of the webbing of your hand which combined with removing the beavertail and the slight bit of undercutting of the trigger guard, really help to be able to get a nice high grip to control muzzle rise.

The trigger in my opinion doesn't seem to be much better than the late model gen 1's. Both my .40 and 9mm were final model gen 1 guns and the triggers on those weren't too bad because they made a lot of improvments. definitely usable. I still dropped apex FSS kits in them. Mainly I'm just not a huge fan of the hinged tirgger on the full sized and compacts.. the one on the shield doesn't bother me though.

They also changed some other things that doesn't get talked about much like barrel lock up and things like that. also the front guide rails being extended by about 300%.

they did change the way the trigger bar engages the sear as well. The new system seems to me like it will make for a bit more solid system because they got rid of the "loop" or "candy cane" as I've heard some call it, but it also makes it not as adjustable either. On the gen 1's I can make adjustments on the trigger bar to enhance reset and take out over travel very easily. The new system seems to me like they might have been rushing things a bit and maybe if they would have taken a little more time, could have com up with something better. but by no means is it a bad system.

I think in regards to the trigger, people who have mostly experienced the older gen 1's will notice it a LOT more.

sorry, that got a little long winded. anyway, If the gen 1 is a late model, then either one is a great choice but I find just a little more refinement in many aspects of the 2.0 that I appreciate... especially after doing substantial work and studying of the internals of my gen 1's. I will say that I have yet to do much side by side comparison as far as accuracy goes though so I can't speak a whole lot to that.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: