Thread: CZ pistols
View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 10:07 PM

Liked 53,631 Times in 16,713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRippert View Post
I have a couple, kinda.

One is a Tanfoglio TZ-75 that I bought for $300 about ten years ago. It had issues with extraction because a previous owner tried to "clean" the chamber with a steel brush. I eventually got hold of a CZ 75 barrel for it and after some surgery on the TZ slide it nowe works great. I am thinking of doing some more surgery and see if I can get it to work with modern magazines.

Earlier this year I was browsing the CZ Custom site and saw the SP01 Shadow. I could not stop myself and I am very glad of that. It has great sights and a trigger in both DA and SA that has to be pulled to be believed. SA is 3 3\4lb, crisp and clean. As good as any 1911 I have fired, maybe better. DA is 9lb and as good as any of my J and K frames. The extended magazine release can be activated without having to change my grip.

Put a light on it and you have what is my perfect nightstand gun. One in the chamber, the hammer on half cock, safety off and a 19rd magazine. DA first shot that feels like a revolver and follow ups that feel like a 1911. Oh yeah, the grips fit me like a glove.

That Shadow is a big seller from what I'm hearing on other forums.
Again, as many mentioned, the grip on these CZ's are about perfect.