View Single Post

Old 07-30-2017, 03:55 AM

Liked 563 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
The new Korth revolvers from Lollar are CNC machined, with minimal hand fitting.

One of the advantages of the Korth double action is in the roller bearing on top of the trigger that can be changed to give different, yet very repeatable stacking. Extraction of spent cases is super smooth since the chamber surfaces are smoothened by pushing a steel bearing in and out, compressing the surfaces. The quality and fit is still a whole lot better than any gun from the Performance Center, and comparable to very early Colt Pythons and Registered Magnums.

I collect Korths from Ratzeburg and personally do not see a price tag of $3,500+ justified for a CNC machined revolver - but then I wouldn't want to own any revolver with a rail at a heavily discounted price.
If they're CNC with very little hand fitting now is the high price because of inflation or just the name not to mention the rubber stocks. I have heard of a possible Python copy by Pinetta not sure of name that would be one I would buy due to it being affordable. The older Korth seems to be the guns to have at same as new price.